Dear 5th grade students,
Here is a copy of the 5th grade summer assignment that you need to read through carefully for 6th grade. You were given a copy on the last day of school.
Summer Info for 6th grade
I hope you have a great summer!! Make sure to read many great books. 🙂 Thank you for being such an amazing group of 5th grade students. I will miss team justice so much. I wish you the best.
Here is the 5th grade final video shown today at the moving up ceremony!
The password was sent through e-mail to students & parents.
Once you put the password in, you should be able to watch the video. If you click on the link of the video, you can download a copy of it to your computer as well.
Dear Students and Parents,
Please remember to wear formal summer uniforms FRIDAY for the elementary music concert. The concert starts at 10am in the auditorium.
Also, there is a middle school orientation at 8:50am in Ms. Wenzig’s Room(403). All parents are invited to attend as well.
1. Thank you to all the parents that came out to the Pacific Pencil publishing party on Friday! Each student received a copy of the Pacific Pencil literary magazine to take home.
2.There will be a middle school orientation for students and parents this Friday at 8:50pm in Ms. Wenzig’s classroom (Room 403)
3. The elementary music concert is this Friday at 10am in the auditorium.
4. Our 5th grade science fair is this Friday. Students should bring their posters by Tuesday to school.
5. We will have a field trip to Dream Forest on Thursday, May 31st.
6. Our fifth grade moving up ceremony is on Wednesday, June 6th at 2pm in the auditorium.
1. Reading Workshop- We are going to start independent reading projects this week.
2. Writing Workshop- We are starting our unit on memoirs this week. We will be reading different mentor texts and start collecting seed ideas.
3. Math- We will be learning about different operations with integers this week.
4. Science- Science fair posters should be finished by Tuesday. We will be practicing our presentations this week.
5. Social Studies-We are finishing our read aloud book, The Fighting Ground. We will continue to talk about the causes and effects of the Revolutionary War.
Just a reminder that this Friday is our Pacific Pencil Publishing Party! Please come and support our APIS elementary school students. All the students will have their writing and artwork on display.
Please come to the 5th floor gymnasium. It starts at 2pm. The students will come up around 2:15pm to see the exhibition.
Also, we will be having a middle school orientation for students and parents on:
Friday, May 25th @ 8:50-9:30am in Room 403 (fourth floor)
We highly encourage parents to come and listen to Ms. Wenzig (6th grade homeroom teacher) and Mrs. Maldonado (guidance counselor) share about what to expect in 6th grade. Plus, there will be a time to ask questions.
Afterwards, the elementary music concert will be at 10am and the 5th grade science fair will be in the afternoon.
Thank you for the beautiful flowers and card! Team Justice rocks! 🙂
Happy Teacher’s Day!
1. This Wednesday, we will have our 5th grade poetry cafe at 8:30am in the APIS auditorium. All parents and families are invited to attend! Students will be sharing poems they have written and studied during our poetry unit.
2. Progress reports were given out today. Please make sure to sign them and return them to Ms. Kim.
3. On Friday, we will have our Pacific Pencil Literary Magazine Publishing Party at 2pm. All families are invited to come and be part of celebrating their writing and artwork!
4. Students will be taking their last round of MAP testing in the last week of May.
5. Students did a great job performing the song Supernatural with their 2B book buddies during chapel on Friday.
6. We had many great performances at the APIS talent show on Friday!
1. Reading Workshop- We will continue to practice reading poems for our poetry cafe. Students should do their best to memorize their poems they will recite. Students will have a quiz on Friday on the different types of figurative language.
2. Writing Workshop- We will continue to work on our poetry anthology books this week. The books should be finished by Friday.
3. Math- We are starting our next unit on operations with integers.
4. Science- Students should have started conducting their science fair experiments. We will work on writing up their research paper this week. Their research paper is due by Thursday.
5. Social Studies- Students have made journals and pockets for our Colonial America unit. We will continue to learn more about the Revolutionary War.
If you need some help writing some poems, here are some poem templates you can use.
1. We had a fun time leading chapel worship for the last time! We sang “Every Move I Make”, “One Way” and “You Are My All in All”. We had Sophia on the acoustic guitar, Gyu Hyun on the drums and the rest of the class singing! Great job everyone!!
2. We also celebrated Children’s day on Friday with some yummy fried chicken and ice cream. Thank you to Chris’ mom for bringing in the treats. Also, the PTO gave all the students nice APIS backpacks!
3. Mrs. Maldonado led the elementary school in Stand 4 Change, where we stood to fight against bullying. We were joining many other schools in America that were standing for a change.
4. This Friday at 2pm is the Elementary Talent Show! We look forward to seeing all the students that are performing.
1. Reading Workshop- We will continue to read and analyze different poems. We will also practice reading aloud different poems for our poetry cafe next week on May 16th.
2. Writing Workshop- We have started collecting and writing poems for our poetry anthology project. Students will receive blank books this week to start writing their poems in.
3. Math- We will wrap up our unit on probability. We will have a math quiz on probability on Thursday.
4. Science- Students should be collecting materials and start conducting their science fair experiments this week.
5. Social Studies- We had a fun time on Friday, creating our own colonial hats and painting our pineapple stencils on fabric. We will continue our read aloud on The Fighting Ground this week.
Dear Elementary School Parents;
We are pleased to announce that the date for our second annual Pacific Pencil Publishing Party and Art Exhibition has been set for Friday May 18th. Each family should have received an invitation with details of the day last week. We look forward to seeing you there.
Mr. Massiah and Mrs. Sea